Wednesday, July 18, 2007

WIP Wednesday, Mystery Stole Edition

So, Norberta #1 hasn't made any actual progress since I posted the pics this weekend, but I did finish up Clue #3 on the Mystery Stole. Here's how it looks as of now:

MSKAL3Clue3

Yes, that's right - for you, my dear readers, I even broke out the blocking wires. (OK, and I really, really wanted to see what it looks like so far.) It's a GORGEOUS pattern - I can't wait to see how it continues to progress. There are all sorts of theories about the theme bouncing around out there, but I have no idea what it is.

That and Norberta are about the only things I am working on right now, so that is it for the WIP portion of this post. Now, we move on to some overdue thank you pics.

WAAAAAAAY back when, morgsarah and I struck up an agreement to do a fiber festival swap. I picked up some things for her at Maryland Sheep and Wool, and she picked up some stuff for me at... erm... Taos? Damn, now I don't remember which festival it was. These are the gorgeous goodies she sent me:

MorgsarahSwap

In the front is some hand-dyed Wensleydale roving dyed by a friend of hers, behind that is some merino-tussah and some Navajo churro, and in the back is a Corriedale-alpaca blend. All so, so beautiful!

I also got a lovely, thoughtful gift from Bezzie recently, tucked in a box of hats. (And yes, I swear I will update the Hats for Alex blog soon. Hopefully tomorrow.)

HexSign

It's a Pennsylvania Dutch hex sign, and it has some very personal significance that I'm not getting into here. Just let it be said that I cried when I saw it, I've worn it every day since, and I am unbelievably touched by her sweet gift. Not to mention the 19 (!) hats she sent.

I won a blog contest over at AKKnitter's blog, and check out my prize:
AKKnitterPrize

8oz. of beautiful alpaca, and a grow-your-own pet. :)

Finally, my lovely, lovely Knittyboard SP9 pal "Marie Dent" (who also goes by "Mostly Harmless") sent me my first package last week:

SP9Package1

We have a Wizard of Oz mini activity book, Koigu's "Take Along Socks" pattern book with three hanks of gorgeous Koigu in front to make a pair of socks from the book, Pez and a cute-as-a-button lamb Pez dispenser, and a Hemp for Knitting kit. The pattern is called Kathy's Fingerless Gloves, and the yarn (one ball is next to the kit) is Cashmere Canapa in that awesome green. It's a cashmere/hemp blend and is just so soft. I can't wait to work with it! Thank you, my dear Marie! You clearly know me really, really well. And I have NO CLUE who you are.

I also picked up some yarn recently for a new crochet project, but I think we've had enough pictures for today, so that can wait for tomorrow. :)

12 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Pocket Size said...

The mystery stole is looking beautiful!
And hey, those lace Hemp For Knitting armwarmers are awesome. Mom made me a pair. The yarn is lovely :D

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Pez, fiber and yarn. It does not get much better than that!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger weezalana said...

AHHHHHH! Too much pretty! Too uch pretty! AHHHHH!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

the mystery stole looks great! thanks for posting a picture of it!

you lucky girl that is some great stuff!

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger gilraen said...

Wow! It looks stunning, something awesome to aspire to. :)

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

MS3 is fabulous so far! Lovely fibers and yarn too! Sweet Bezzie (shhh don't tell her I said she was sweet either ;) Very nice necklace!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Karen said...

MS stole looks amazing! Ms. Bezzie is awesome. :)

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Love your log cabin baby blanket! SUCH the best colors.

Yay for awesome mail!

Huggers.

 
At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!

And another YAY for "No Clue"! Seriously? I'm so likely to bork this up and give myself away. Mwah hah hah hah haaaa!

Glad you love your goodies. August cain't get here fast enough fer me.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Batty said...

The stole is looking great! I see scales, but I wonder what the theme really is.

Amazing gifts too. Love the stuff you got!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Rain said...

That is stunning so far. Yours is the first I've seen blocked out, it looks beautiful.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm working on the Mystery Stole, but VERY slowly. Your picture provides inspiration to keep going!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home